Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I Love You Mom and Dad!!!!!

On the 4th July my mom always has people over, she has a really good view of Riverton park Fireworks. And yes there was some drinking going on. Nothing out of control.
Today my mom called me crying (she doesn't cry often so I knew something was wrong). She told me that she was talking to grandma on the phone about my mom blowing her diet over the 4th. My mom said yeah I had a hamburger and little chips and two drinks. My grandma told my mom that my mom is a bad example to her kids. I was really upset because how upset my mom was, and what she said to my mom.
I called my grandma, and me being as emotional as I am I started crying at hello. I said "grandma I just want you to know that you hurt my mom, she is home crying right now. And I was there on the 4th, it never got out of control." She said a bunch of mean things, but the thing that is going to stick with me the most is. She said my mom and dad were a bad example for us, and we are the way we are because of how she raised us and her drinking. (How are we,what's wrong with us??) I told her I feel my mom and dad raised us just fine. And my dad is a good dad, he adopted me and raised me well. She then said just because someone adopts someone doesn't make them a good dad. Then she said that her family has always been divided, and always will. There's my mom's family, Kim, and then there's the other family.

Just because my mom drinks every now and then does not make her a bad mom. If her drinking makes her such a bad person, then who raised her? I think my mom and dad did one damn good job raising us and I wouldn't change it for the world.

I do have a drink every once in a while. Does that now make me a bad mom??? Does that make a difference on how I raise my kids??? I DON'T THINK IS DOES! This is how I am, and like who I am.

Mom and dad I want you to know that You did one hell of a job raising us and I LOVE YOU. If I was given a choice to pick my parents, I CHOSE YOU!!

7 comments:

Just us said...

Damn right! You tell her steph you and your mom should never have to pretend to be somebody that you are not. You are both GREAT people and GREAT parents and don't ever forget that! Family loves unconditionally, and you should NEVER be judged by your loved ones! If that is how your "family" is going to treat you then you are much better off being divided anyway! Tammy,Cory,Steph......... I love ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kara said...

Steph I hope you know we don't feel that way about you guys! We love you guys and would do anything for you! I don't think your mom is a bad mom at all, she's got wonderful kids to prove that! I just wanted to let you know that we love ya!

Kristin said...

Holy hell, grandma went off the deep end! I might have to drink a beer after this drama! I love you, and I think you are the coolest cousin ever, & your parents rock! Don't let her words hurt you...I'm so glad you called and told her how you felt. Family means no judging & just loving one another for who you are....grandma forgot this, but not me, I love you just the way you are!

Jen and Jaylie said...

Steph,
Your grandma does not have the right to pass judgement on anyone but herself. She should love your mom unconditionally and if she chooses not to then that is her loss. I know your mom is a great person/mom because she has raised you to be an amazing, beautiful and devoted mother, friend and wife! Way to tell your grandma how you feel! I love you Steph!

Anonymous said...

I agree with you Steph, but maybe you should tell everyone, EVERYTHING Grandma has done for you! They are good people too! I have never judged you, but you are obviously judging us! WE didn't say the hurtful things, but got blamed.

Stephanie said...

I know everything that grandma has done for me. I am very greatful for her and everything that she has done! But she said some pretty hurtful stuff. I was in shock, because I didn't know she could be that hurtful. I cried all that week whenever I thought about it. Maybe because I'm an emotional baby, but I was really hurt by it.
I've never judged you. I don't think it's right that grandma judges us for the things we do and divides us, but doesn't judge anyone else for the things they do.
I'm hurt to know that she has always thought of the family to be divided.
I don't go to church but I was always taught not to judge and to love one another. Even after how hurt I am, I love grandma and you and I always will.

Anonymous said...

Steph, i love you and have always said whata great Mom you are. This was blown out of porportion and after reading your comments by your friends, it made grandma look like a bad person, and you know that is not true. She is so afraid of alcohol, and she has every right to be. Look at who and where all your memories are with!! They helped raise you, and you know you wouldn;t be where you are without them. I THINK you all handled things wrong, but we all make mistakes. Family forgives! I have stood by you and supported you in everything and I love your family. So if we are divided its not cause I wanted it. I hope that will never happen. I accept you and always have! Lets forget it and move on! Grandma is on medication, ha ha and feels much calmer!!! Love you all, and those beautiful boys!!!!!